This is going to make anybody’s jaw to drop “The Gilberts Have Gone Rogue”. Yes well that was what we got to see in season 2 episode 10 titled “The Sacrifice” because it seems like both Elena and Jeremy must have spent a lot of time catching up on some T-rated plans of action. Their independently-planned actions resulted in a dangerous visit from Elijah and a heroic decision by Stefan.
But did the latter cost him Elena forever? Will leaving his love under the protective care of his brother truly become the biggest mistake Stefan ever made? I sure hope it doesn’t.
More than any episode I can recall, "The Sacrifice" moved at lightning speed, scarcely taking a moment to let the characters, and viewers, breathe. At the end, though, there was no major surprise or suspenseful cliffhanger. There was simply the reminder that this show works so well because we're so invested in its core relationships. If Elijah specializes in yanking out hearts, Stefan and Damon take a very different tact - They tug at us viewer’s hearts.
So, let’s recap what happened this week shall we –
- As I already stated the Gilbert siblings gone rebel.
- Luka acknowledged that his father asked him to get close to Bonnie, but does this mean he's aware of everything Jonas is up to with Elijah? My guess: No. My prediction: Luka will play a role in thwarting whatever evil plan his dad has in mind.
- Either lay one on Jeremy or cut him loose, Bonnie. Don't play with his heart like you play with various spells. Also, pretty sure she had a witch-gasm when she and Luka first combined forces.
- The brief confrontation between Elijah and Damon? Awesome. But there's something even scarier than this Original's power. It's that experience combined with a rational mind that actually thinks plans though and realizes Elena is in a safe position alongside the Salvatores. For now.
- The discovery of Mason's taped transition was a tad too convenient... but, hey, it gave us more of him shirtless.
- Poor, poor Matt.
- Hey, an Alaric sighting! No wonder the guy hasn't been involved in storylines recently. He's been... how should I say this……..busy.
- I liked the small touch of a sunset being Slater's computer wallpaper, as well as the meta references to Kristen Stewart and Alice freaking out over seeing Damon Salvatore.
- Elena's plan to turn herself over to Klaus: Brave or stupid or both? I’d say it’s the latter.
- No way Stefan really gets it on with Katherine next week, as this promo teases... right?